CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO READ ABOUT LIFE WITH DOWN SYNDROME

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO READ ABOUT LIFE WITH DOWN SYNDROME
**********CLICK ON THE FAMILY PICTURE TO READ ABOUT LIFE WITH DOWN SYNDROME

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A wedding! And a Princess!

The day came. When two were joined and became one! It was a joyful, tearful hard day in more ways than one.

I kept thinking- "Dan's taking my baby." "I'm losing my baby. Our relationship will never be the same, she will be Dan's now."
That's the human side of me.
As a Christian I knew, another season had come. It was time for two to be joined as one. And I was incredibly blessed by God to have watched the seasons that preceded this huge milestone.

Dan was not taking her away. Dan was joining our family. We couldn't be happier. My losses are replaced with a son in law. A son in law sent by God. I know I say "my" daughter. But in truth she is God's daughter. Sent here to be shared with her precious birth parents, us, and now Dan. Each season directed by God, blessed by God. My cup over flows.

She is indeed my Princess.

                                  The promise of a new beginning.
Matthew 19:4-6
He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

                             The JOY of a union~ two become one.

Embraced by all of us who are here in Christ's LOVE to support them in the way God leads them! In our home, our living room. (It rained so we could not do it on the deck.)

                                      My princess is now a Queen.

If I LOVED her any more I'd burst! Just looking at her makes my cry tears of JOY and PRAISE God for the blessing of holding her till this time.
She's helped shape me into the mother I could only have hoped to be.

(her second Momma~ M.A. who has been with her since the day she was sent to us)
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
 
And then she wrote me this~
 
DO NOT CRY WHEN YOU READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear mom, I love you very much. You have loved me through everything, and truly have been an example of Christ to me that I could see and follow. I can't wait to have kids and be a mom like you. I hope that this is the start of an even stronger relationship between us. I appreciate you always listening to me and taking the time to talk to me. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without all your love and support. I remember when you used to say things like, "Well when you're a wife," and I'd roll my eyes and be like yeah....sure...lol. But now I AM A WIFE. And I will be a good one. And it's because of you. You should call me if you get time. Whenever. You could call me when you wake up early too cause we will probably be packing. Dan texted Dad and you a message. Make sure he tells what he said lol. 
Love You. 
~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
 
There are no words. I can hear Rich Mullins singing God Praises in my heart, and my heart sings~ "Oh God you are my God- And I will ever PRAISE You! I will PRAISE You in the morning and ALL the days of my life- Oh God You are my God And I will ever PRAISE You!"

7 comments:

Sharon Edwards said...

Beautiful note!

eliz said...


This is a wonderful story Eliz. What a lovely family you have. You are a rare and beautiful soul.

The wedding pics look lovely and she is such a credit to you. A queen indeed. The letter she wrote you brought tears to my eyes.

You are loved my friend.

Hugs Wispy

(my precious friend Wispy accidentally posted this under a different post! So I moved it here!)

Kelli Johanesen said...

Beautiful! A massive congrats to your beautiful daughter. The best is yet to come!

Kelli Johanesen said...

A big congrats to Grace and her husband! She looks so beautiful. The best is yet to come!

susan nichols said...

Your children rise and call you blessed. You are indeed a virtuous woman!

Blessed said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful bride--and it made me so happy to see the little ceremony in your living room. That's so old fashioned and sweet and practical! May the young couple be blessed as they begin life together!

Barb M said...

What a precious note to you from your daughter on her special day! You are indeed a wonderful mom. Grace looks so pretty and happy. Best wishes to Grace and Dan as they begin their life together!